Who Requires a Visa:
All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf.
Where to Obtain a Visa
A travel visa may be obtained at the nearest Ghana Embassy, Consulate, or High Commission in your region of residence. It needs to be requested in advance, and is often issued as a single entry visa or multi-entry visa. The visa can often be initiated online on the official website of the Ghana Consulate nearest you.
What Type of Visa is Best?
- The single entry visa allows entrance into Ghana one time. The visa is renewable during the single visit in the event that the traveler wishes to stay beyond the initial time period granted to stay in the country (on average 60 days). The single entry visa does not permit travelers exiting the country to visit nearby countries, to then return. Another visa would need to be obtained to allow for additional entries by air or road.
- The multi-entry visa allows entrance into Ghana on more than one occasion, utilizing the same visa stamp. It is often issued for a 3 or 5 year period, depending on the issuing Embassy, and the time period remaining on the applicant’s passport. The multiple entry visa allows travelers to exit the country to visit nearby countries, to then return using the same visa. It also allows subsequent visits from the travelers home country abroad back to Ghana throughout the duration of the visa term.
- Visa on arrival allows entrance into Ghana without the traditional single or multi-entry visa as issued by the Ghana Consulate. The visa on arrival is a single-entry visa, and is valid for 30 days, and is renewable if additional travel time is needed. It is ideal for travelers visiting Ghana on short notice, tour groups, or business travelers. It must however be requested and approved in advance of travel by an approved agency. The visa on arrival approval document will be supplied to the traveler, which they will print, and present at boarding, for the visa to be issued upon arrival in Ghana.
Exceptions to Visa Requirement
The following visitors do not require a visa to enter Ghana, and will be offered visa on arrival:
- ECOWAS nationals from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
- Holders of Diplomatic, Service or Official Passports from the following countries: Brazil, Cuba, Germany, Namibia, China, South Africa, Sudan, Hungary, India, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco, St. Kitts & Nevis, Suriname Venezuela, Malta, Hong Kong (Diplomatic only), Turkey (Diplomatic only), Qatar (Diplomatic only)
- Other Nationals in the following countries: Jamaica, Kenya, Singapore, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Seychelles, Barbados, Rwanda, Guyana, St. Vincent & Grenadines
- Holders of passports of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community United Nations and its Specialized Agencies: The World Bank, African Development Bank
Schedule a Free Needs Assessment today